For More Information: Call (937) 224-1518 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
October 26, 2023, (DAYTON, Ohio) – The season of celebration and giving is quickly approaching and you can start holiday celebrations a little bit early at the November 3 First Friday! The holiday season is the perfect time to support local businesses and enjoy the festivities our downtown community has to offer! Start your holiday shopping early at downtown’s unique, independent retailers, enjoy fan-favorite-food options, live entertainment, local art displays, and the scenic city of Downtown Dayton during this month’s First Friday. It’s all happening from 5-10 p.m. on Friday, November 3.
The fun is just beginning! Join us again at the end of the month for the Dayton Holiday Festival on November 24 at its new time of 3 to 8 p.m. on Courthouse Square. We will once again flip the switch on tens of thousands of lights during the Grande Illumination and bring the celebration throughout downtown during the Dayton Children’s Parade Spectacular in Lights! With live reindeer, light shows, crafts, games, live entertainment, and more, this year’s festivities will definitely bring holiday cheer! See everything we already have planned for this cherished holiday tradition at downtowndayton.org/things-to-do/holiday-festival/
Check out the individual First Friday listings below, and remember the most up-to-date event listings can be found in the online calendar published on the Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website. Subscribing to the weekly e-vents email newsletter also keeps one up to speed. For more information about First Friday, or to find business addresses, parking, upcoming activities and more, visit the DDP website at DowntownDayton.org. Invite friends and family to partake in First Friday fun! “Like” and share the First Friday Facebook page.
ART, DANCE, MUSIC, AND FILM
- The ARTery at Front Street, 1001 E. Second St., Bldg. 100 B-C entrance, 3rd floor: Share a toast and treats for the second annual pARTy at the ARTery from 5-9p.m.! Share a toast and treats and wish our favorite art lovers a great holiday season. Light refreshments and wine will be served.
- The Black Box Improv, 518 E. Third St.: Take in comedy from local improv group Low Hanging Fruit followed by a special show. For tickets and other information, visit DaytonBlackBoxImprov.com
- The Contemporary Dayton, 25, W. Fourth St.: Shon Walters: The Hole Belly. This fusion of nature and craftsmanship will fill the entirety of the Co’s four galleries with work from a visionary sculptor renowned for his mastery in transforming found and sourced wood into awe-inspiring sculpture.
- Corner Kitchen, 613 E. Fifth St.: Join in an open mic night hosted by local musician, Pat Arnold!
- Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park North: Visit the latest special exhibitions, “Toulouse-Lautrec: The Birth of Modern Paris,” “Around Tokyo: Hiroshige II’s Views of Famous Places in Edo,” and “Living With Gods: Popular Prints from India” until 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Dayton Live, Schuster Center, 1 W. Second St.: Sixteen-time Grammy® Award-winning musician, composer and producer David Foster and acclaimed singer, television, and Broadway star Katharine McPhee are joining forces and bringing “An Intimate Evening with David Foster & Katharine McPhee” to the Schuster Center! Tickets and more information at Daytonlive.org.
- Dayton Metro Library, 215 E. Third St.: The work of Dayton artist Bill Franz returns to Dayton Metro Library in a new exhibit, Jobs from A to Z – A Bill Franz Exhibit. The exhibit mingles photography and digital art together to form engaging pieces representing 26 different jobs, each one beginning with a letter of the alphabet.
- Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St.: The Dayton Society of Artists welcomes you to an opening reception for “Small but Mighty Gift and Fine Art Exhibition.” All work is 12”x12” or smaller and includes a wide variety of mediums and styles. DSA will also have a gift shop full of goods like ornaments, cards, jewelry, and more! Light refreshments will be provided.
- Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave., 937-224-7822: Live music at the Dublin Pub! Stop by for a pint and listen to live music for Irish First Fridays. Happy Hour from 3-6pm; music by Dulahan starting at 8:30 pm.
- Edward A. Dixon Gallery, 222 N. St. Clair St.: The gallery has extended hours to conveniently be part of your First Friday Art Hop. See artwork from the Dayton area, around the U.S. and around the world. Light refreshments provided.
- Front Street, 1001 E. Second St.: Check out Dayton’s largest art community at this month’s Front Street Art Hop from 5-9 p.m.! Explore working art studios, galleries, shops, and boutiques. Meet our artists, enjoy live demonstrations, and new art exhibitions. Shop artwork, handcrafted goods, and antiques from more than 250 small business owners! Grab dinner or dessert from the food trucks in the courtyard. Arthops are always free to attend and we offer free onsite and surrounding parking.
- Moeller Brew Barn, 416 E. First St.: Hear live music at the Brew Barn from 7-10 p.m.
- The Human Race Theatre Company, The Loft Theatre, 126 N. Main St.: Enjoy a performance of “Angry, Raucous, and Shamelessly Gorgeous” at 8 p.m. Tickets and more information at https://humanracetheatre.org/
- The Neon movie theater, 130 E. Fifth St.: See “Taylor Swift The Eras Tour” and “Priscilla” on First Friday! See the full schedule online: neonmovies.com. Also enjoy beer and cocktail specials during First Friday, and you can purchase a DORA drink at the Neon to walk around downtown Dayton’ Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area before or after the show.
DINING AND DRINKS
- Corner Kitchen, 613 E. Fifth St.: Exclusive happy hour is 4-6 p.m. with $10 tapas!
- Great Miami Riverway Food n’ Brew Challenge: Download the Riverway App and choose an activity from the challenge to enter for a chance to win great prizes! More info at https://www.greatmiamiriverway.com/blog-entry/foodnbrewfall2023
- Local Cantina, 503 E. First St: Happy Hour is from 3 to 6 p.m. with $5 Mustache Rides & Same Same Margaritas along with $2 off dips! Now taking reservations and catering orders!
- Lock 27, 329 E. First St.: Happy Hour is back from 4 to 6 p.m.! Enjoy $2 off flagship, core, and seasonal Lock 27 Brewing drafts.
- Moeller Brew Barn, 416 E. First St.: It’s $5 Pint Happy Hour from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.!
- Mudlick Tap House, 135 E. Second St., (937) 895-4066: Join us for Happiness Hours from 4-6 p.m. with $2 off draft beers and $2 off shareables, ½ price bottles of wine, $8 Old Fashioned, and $9 Manhattans.
- Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St., 937-223-9205: Every First Friday join us for Happy Hour deals from 5 to 8 p.m. Stop in for some of the best pizza in Dayton. Dine in, carryout and curbside pickup available.
- Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St., 937-203-3999: Kick off your First Friday with happy hour at Salar from 4-6 p.m. with cocktail specials, $5 house wine pours, $1 off of all beers, and bar bites specials. Enjoy dinner, too, available for dine in or carryout.
- Table 33 Dayton, 130 W. Second St.: Fridays are wine night at Table 33, with $3.33 wine pairings with any entree.
- Third Perk Coffeehouse and Wine Bar, 146 E. Third St.: Enjoy an evening of music and delicious food from 7 to 11 p.m.
- Troll Pub Dayton, 216 Wayne Ave.: Every Friday at the Troll Pub is part of W.T.F Happy Hours: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 4-7 p.m. featuring 1/2 Priced Pints & 1/2 priced apps, and $4 Fireball Shots.
- Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St., 937-461-1101: Enjoy Half-off Happy Hour every day 3-7pm! $3 wells and half off select appetizers.
- Two Social, 123 E. Third St.: New menu launch, every first Friday! Try all 6 drinks on the new menu and get a free shirt! You have all month to collect all 6 drinks on the punch card.
SPECIAL SHOPPING DEALS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- After5, 111 E. Third St.: Mention First Friday at checkout to take 20% off of your total purchase!
- Choice Juice Boxx, 31 S. St. Clair St.: Spend $50 at Varsity House to receive 10% off from your Choice Juice Boxx purchase.
- Club Evolution, 130 N. Patterson Blvd.: Audience applause chooses the winner of a karaoke contest and $75! No cover. Karaoke starts at 8:30 p.m. with the contest starting at 10:30 p.m.
- Dayton Art Institute, 465 Belmonte Park North: Join the party at the Dayton Art Institute’s “Bourbon and Bubbles.” Kick off the holiday season with the hottest cocktail party in Dayton, from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Enjoy a night of handcrafted bourbons, refreshing bubbly and incredible small bites. For more information and to purchase tickets, see: daytonartinstitute.org/bourbon
- Omega Music, 318 E. Fifth St.: New release day! Explore the new releases on vinyl, CDs, and more. All day 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Oregon District.
- Pedal Wagon Dayton: Hop around to some of Dayton’s best breweries on the Brewery Cruise! Seats are $32 for adults 21+ or rent a private ride for up to 15 people for $459! com/dayton/brewery-cruise/
- Picture Perfect Paint Parties, 123 N. Ludlow St.: Come and enjoy our grape tastings of the month and a mini-paint party canvas. Register at www.pictureperfectpaintparties.com or call 937-265-0691 for more information.
- Sole Touchers, 37 S. St. Clair St.: Mention First Friday to receive 25% off all shoes in store!
- Space Three, 39 S. St. Clair St.: Happy anniversary! Celebrate as Space Three turns 4. Enjoy free classes all day long and a special open house from 4-7 p.m. with vendors, giveaways, and special savings.
- Talbott Tower, 131 N. Ludlow St.: Visit the businesses of Talbott Tower! Enjoy live music, food, and beer while you shop special discounts at more than 20 businesses.
- Vidia’s Closet, 27 S. St. Clair St.: When you shop this women’s clothing boutique in the St. Clair Lofts on First Friday, you can take 20% off your entire purchase! Shop in-store and enjoy a complementary glass of wine.
The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website has a complete list of downtown’s arts and cultural amenities, as well as a dining guide, parking map and much more.
Share this Post