For More Information: Call (937) 224-1518 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
August 25, 2023, DAYTON, Ohio – Summer is starting to wind down but there are still plenty of things planned for AES Ohio’s Summer in the City and this month’s First Friday celebrations! Start September off strong and kick off Labor Day weekend during First Friday with a visit to your favorite downtown businesses. Send off the summer season by shopping special deals at unique and independent boutiques, checking out new exhibits at downtown’s signature galleries, enjoying happy hour celebrations on your favorite patios, exploring live entertainment at local venues, and more!
Explore different locations and see everything First Friday has to offer with downtown’s convenient transportation options. Use RTA’s free route, The Flyer, to get to and from your favorite places. To find a map with the route and pick-up locations, visit www.iRideRTA.org/TheFlyer. You can also grab a Link Bike for the short trip between First Friday destinations from one of the bike stations around downtown or find a Spin Scooter along the way to rent by the minute. If you’re walking, grab a DORA drink from one of the 50+ participating bars and restaurants around downtown! See participating locations, rules, and a map of the newly expanded boundaries at downtowndayton.org/dora/.
Check out the individual First Friday listings below, and remember the most up-to-date event listings can be found in the online calendar published on the Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website. Subscribing to the weekly e-vents email newsletter also keeps one up to speed. For more information about First Friday, or to find business addresses, parking, upcoming activities and more, visit the DDP website at DowntownDayton.org. Invite friends and family to partake in First Friday fun! “Like” and share the First Friday Facebook page.
ART, DANCE, MUSIC, AND FILM
- The Black Box Improv, 518 E. Third St.: Take in comedy from local improv group Low Hanging Fruit followed by a special show. For tickets and other information, visit DaytonBlackBoxImprov.com
- Blind Bob’s, 430 E. Fifth St.: Live music with Subterranean and Ben Clonch & Friends. Doors at 9 p.m., music starts at 10 p.m.
- The Contemporary Dayton, 25 W. Fourth St.: The Contemporary Dayton presents THE BLUE MOTHER, an installation of sculptural works by artist and activist vanessa german. The exhibition will also feature quilts by german’s mother, Sandra Keat German, a prominent figure in the quilting community. See “Swinguerra” a film by Bárbara Wagner and Benjamin de Burca.
- Corner Kitchen, 613 E. Fifth St.: Enjoy live music on the patio every First Friday! Parking validated with $20 purchase.
- Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park North: Visit the latest special exhibitions, “Born of Fire: Contemporary Japanese Women Ceramic Artists,” “Reflections in Time,” and “Washi Transformed: New Expressions in Japanese Paper.” Open until 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Dayton Society of Artists, 48 High St.: The Dayton Society of Artists welcomes you to “The Story of Foster Care vol. 2” from 5 to 9 p.m. on Friday.
- Dublin Pub, 300 Wayne Ave., 937-224-7822: Stop by for a pint and listen to live music for Irish First Fridays. Happy Hour from 3-6pm; music by Two for the Road starting at 8:30 pm.
- Edward A. Dixon Gallery, 222 N. St. Clair St.: A special evening to view the “We’re Doing It ALL Wrong® – 3rd Annual Art Exhibition” will also serve as an evening to learn about some of the area’s local non-profits with goals of making safer, more sustainable and equitable communities. Waste-Free Dayton, Oasis House and The Castle are three of the highlighted organizations.
- Front Street, 1001 E. Second St.: Grab dinner from featured food trucks and enjoy live music from Ludlow, the Band during this month’s First Friday Art Hop! Tour our complex and explore studios, workshops, galleries, and some of Dayton’s most unique boutiques. Art Hops are always free to attend with free onsite and street parking.
- K12 Gallery & TEJAS, 341 S. Jefferson St.: See work from award-winning landscape artist, Tracy Foskuhl. Registration is now open for Saturday Classes (K-Adult)! Learn more at org/
- Levitt Pavilion Dayton, 134 S. Main St.: Free concert with Erica Falls & Vintage Soul featuring Crabswithoutlegs as the opener at 7 p.m.! No ticket or RSVP necessary. You are always welcome to bring your own chairs, blankets, food, and beverage to the show!
- The Neon movie theater, 130 E. Fifth St.: Join a Friday Patio Party with guest hosts from WDPR – Discover Classical from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.!
DINING AND DRINKS
- Deaf Monty’s Wine, 22 Brown St.: Value Flight Night. Enjoy a flight of super-affordable wines that will exceed your expectations (especially when you hear the price for a bottle). 3 two-ounce tastes for just $7! Pouring from 4:00-7:45pm
- Local Cantina, 503 E. First St: Happy Hour is from 3 to 6 p.m. with $5 Mustache Rides & $5 Same Same Margaritas along with $2 off dips! Now taking reservations and catering orders!
- Mudlick Tap House, 135 E. Second St., (937) 895-4066: Join us for Happiness Hours from 4-6 p.m. with $2 off draft beers and $2 off shareables, ½ price bottles of wine, $8 Old Fashioned, and $9 Manhattans.
- Oregon Express, 336 E. Fifth St., 937-223-9205: Every First Friday join us for Happy Hour deals from 5 to 8 p.m. Stop in for some of the best pizza in Dayton. Dine in, carryout and curbside pickup available.
- Salar Restaurant and Lounge, 400 E. Fifth St., 937-203-3999: Kick off your First Friday with happy hour at Salar from 4-6 p.m. with cocktail specials, $5 house wine pours, $1 off of all beers, and bar bites specials. Enjoy dinner, too, available for dine in or carryout.
- Table 33 Dayton, 130 W. Second St.: Fridays are wine night at Table 33, with $3.33 wine pairings with any entree.
- Troll Pub Dayton, 216 Wayne Ave.: Every Friday at the Troll Pub is part of W.T.F Happy Hours: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 4-7 p.m. featuring 1/2 Priced Pints & 1/2 priced apps, and $4 Fireball Shots.
- Trolley Stop, 530 E. Fifth St., 937-461-1101: Enjoy Half-off Happy Hour every day 3-7pm! $3 wells and half off select appetizers.
- Two Social, 123 E. Third St.: New menu launch, every first Friday! Try all 6 drinks on the new menu and get a free shirt! You have all month to collect all 6 drinks on the punch card.
- Zen Lounge, 121 N. Ludlow St.: Late Night Open Mic with Michael Vanderbeen 11:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. featuring local comedians and musicians.
SPECIAL SHOPPING DEALS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
- After5, 111 E. Third St.: Mention First Friday at checkout to take 20% off of your total purchase!
- Choice Juice Boxx, 31 S. St. Clair St.: Spend $50 at Varsity House to receive 10% off from your Choice Juice Boxx purchase.
- Club Evolution, 130 N. Patterson Blvd.: Audience applause chooses the winner of a karaoke contest and a $75 prize! No cover. Karaoke starts at 8:30 p.m. with the contest starting at 10:30 p.m.
- Omega Music, 318 E. Fifth St.: Celebrate 40 years of Omega Music with a special anniversary sale!
- Pedal Wagon Dayton: Hop around to some of Dayton’s best breweries on the Brewery Cruise! Seats are $32 for adults 21+ or rent a private ride for up to 15 people for $459! com/dayton/brewery-cruise/
- Picture Perfect Paint Parties, 123 N. Ludlow St.: Come and enjoy our grape tastings of the month and a mini-paint party canvas. Register at www.pictureperfectpaintparties.com or call 937-265-0691 for more information.
- Sole Touchers, 37 S. St. Clair St.: Mention First Friday to receive 25% off all shoes in store!
- Talbott Tower, 131 N. Ludlow St.: Visit the businesses of Talbott Tower! Enjoy live music, food, and beer while you shop special discounts at more than 20 businesses.
- Vidia’s Closet, 27 S. St. Clair St.: When you shop this women’s clothing boutique in the St. Clair Lofts on First Friday, you can take 20% off your entire purchase! Shop in-store and enjoy a complementary glass of wine.
The Downtown Dayton Partnership’s website has a complete list of downtown’s arts and cultural amenities, as well as a dining guide, parking map and much more.
Share this Post